London XCVI Miles
A(cesten) XVIII Miles
Located in the green in Evesham town centre, these two milestones have been rescued. The inscription refers to the larger one, which also carries a plaque stating 'This stone is believed to have been first erected about 1730 at the cross-roads on the top of Greenhill. It was restored and re-erected here in 1978'
The inscription on the smaller stone reads 'Evesham (2?)'